At Madoc Books, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
WHO WE ARE
Madoc Books is a family business firmly established in North Wales, we are Antiquarian Booksellers specialising in British Topography and Travel with an emphasis on Wales.
Our postal address is:
Madoc Books, 5 Madoc Street, LlandudnoConwy, LL30 2TL, UK.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us directly
For example, we obtain information about you when you purchase products or when you make an enquiry.
When you visit the website
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
We collect and use your personal information by using cookies on our website – more information on cookies can be found under the ‘cookies’ section.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
The information we collect via the website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Any personal details you provide us when purchasing a book through our website such as contact details (including name, postal address, email address and telephone number) and credit card information. Your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions;
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and religion. We do not collect sensitive data about you.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the services, products or information you asked for;
- processing orders that you have submitted;
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us;
- keeping a record of your relationship with us; and
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about promotions of goods and services;
HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION KEPT FOR?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for, the length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. tax/accounting purposes).
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We do not share your information with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is necessary for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent.
We may pass your information to our third party service providers to fulfil the delivery of products purchased from this website. However, when we use these third parties, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the products and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and prevents them from using it for their own direct marketing purposes.
Under UK data protection law, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you. Here is a summary of the rights that we think apply:
Right of access
You have the right to request the information we hold about you. If you want to access your information, please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by post to the address provided below.
Right to have your inaccurate personal information corrected
You have the right to correct any errors in information we hold about you and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. Please contact us via email or post (see below).
Right of deletion
You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information and in certain cases, and subject to certain exceptions; we will do so as far as we are required to.
Right to make a complaint
You also have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority if you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information. In the United Kingdom, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (http://www.ico.org.uk).
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate, and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
You can delete/control cookies via your browser settings by following these instructions, however if you choose to block cookies then your browsing experience may be affected.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We may have links to other websites that are not managed by ourselves. We do not take responsibility for any information you share with these linked sites. This policy applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
16 or under
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Your basket is currently empty.
The Authors rarest book.